According to the U.K.'s Mirror newspaper, a hotel fire alarm sent a group of costume party attendees running for the exit after a smoke machine malfunction apparently triggered the alert.

The newspaper report said about 60 people dressed in Elvis costumes were dancing at an event for a cancer charity in Rochester, Kent, on Saturday night when the alarm rang out.

One guest at the Holiday Inn said the fire alert was surprising enough, without encountering a gaggle of Elvises in the parking lot.

"There were people in the full Elvis jumpsuits and wigs standing by a roundabout, looking a bit the worse for wear," the paper quoted the unnamed guest as saying.

Leave a Reply.